Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sondre Lerche - Dallas 2011

Sondre Lerche
House of Blues - Cambridge Room
Dallas, Texas
November 10, 2011


This was my second time seeing Sondre Lerche
and my second concert since moving to Dallas.

I got there early so I could snag a spot right against the stage!
Which I "lost" after the horrible opening act,
when a 6 foot guy and his date somehow squeezed in front of me!
To make matters worse, said guy had an a loose thread
on the back of his sweater which taunted and annoyed me all night!
[But apparently not enough to yank it right off him!]


Set List
When The River
Domino
Private Caller
On The Tower [by request]
Two Way Monologue
Dear Laughing Doubters
Coliseum Town
Living Dangerously
Faces Down
Sleep On Needles
My Hands Are Shaking
Airport Taxi Reception
*ENCORE*
Phantom Punch
Modern Nature


Private Caller


Sondre mainly performed songs from his latest self titled album,
but also sang some older fan favorites, as well.





















Sondre chatted and joked with the crowd.





















And of course, he sounded absolutely AMAZING!

One of my favorite moments was when he stepped away
from the microphone while singing Coliseum Town.
Unfortunately, this magical moment was interrupted by
the very loud band that was playing in the other room.
However, it was still VERY enjoyable!
The video is below, you can thank me later.


Coliseum Town
















I LOVE these photos! They make me smile.
I just wish I could remember the story behind them!
















Dear Laughing Doubters


Introduction to the Two Way Monologue Suite


My Hands Are Shaking


Time for an ENCORE!






















 Modern Nature Sing Along


After the show, he autographed his latest CD.



















We talked for a bit.
I told him I had recently moved here from California
and the last time I saw him was two years ago in San Francisco.
Sondre told me that's one of his favorite cities
and he recently went on vacation there. [So jealous!]
Made me feel a little homesick.

I thanked him for the nice surprise of performing
'Dear Laughing Doubters', which is a new favorite of mine.
We joked about and wondered how he missed out on having
a song in the latest Steve Carell movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love
since he had songs in two previous movies of his.















We posed for a photo, before saying farewell.
Hope it's not another two years before I see him again,
because he puts on a SENSATIONAL show!

No comments:

Post a Comment